Sunday 1 October 2017

 Secondary Research :
For my secondary research I made sure that I used my resources right, firstly I went on google scholar to find some reliable content, the reason in which I'm certain that this source is reliable is because the content is made by professionals who know what they are writing about. The first book that i found was from researchers Cynthia Carter and C.Kay Weaver and they stated that "everyday representations of violence in the media help, over time, to normalize and legitimize the presence and use of violence in society today", along with other facts and statistics. From my other secondary research I was also able to determine which genre of film and television young people tend to watch that influences violence and those were action and horror as well as video games such as GTA and Call of duty. I also went onto other websites to search for articles to back up my other secondary research and I came across the new York times article which stated "psychologists Craig A. Anderson and Brad J. Bushman found a statistically significant strong relationship between watching violent media and acts of aggression or violence in later life". 



Primary Research:
For my primary research I will be conducting a survey on the website surveymonkey with a large amount of replies of at least 30 people to increase the reliability of the results. The questions in which I will be asking will be aimed towards parents of young children, the questions will be built around my secondary research and will be able to determine whether it was the right research for this topic. The reason in which I am conducting a survey for my primary instead of e.g. a interview is because from a survey there is a higher chance of reliability as it is anonymous and parents wont feel the need to twist the truth and can give me the honest results.



No comments:

Post a Comment